What kind of artwork do you like?
What is your favorite form of artwork? Oil paintings, watercolors, sculpture, murals or even quilts? You can find any and all of forms of artwork in Georgetown! Today many folks consider tatoos as a form of artwork, using their bodies of their canvas.
Most noteworthy, The Texas Commission on the Arts agrees that Georgetown has a lot going on. They they have designated a 40-block area surrounding the Square as a state Cultural District, or a special arts zone. Georgetown’s Cultural District is one of only 28 cultural districts across the entire state. This lends a level of distinction and recognition to our community.
Be sure and stop by the Georgetown Visitor’s Center on the North side of the Square.
While visiting the Square, the ladies at the Visitor’s Center can answer your questions and offer many suggestions of where to see the varied artwork offerings in Georgetown. Many visitors enjoy picking up information for self-guided tours of the sculptures placed around the square. You can even check out a free bike rental and “tour” the town in style.
Art Galleries in Georgetown – Many Around the Square
- The Framers Gallery 610 S Main St Georgetown, TX 78626 Phone number (512) 863-2214 kimisframersgallery.com
- Windberg Gallery 714 S Austin Ave Georgetown, TX 78626 (512) 819-9463
- Through the Looking Glass Gallery 122 E 8th St Georgetown, TX 78626 Phone number (512) 864-1371
- Antiques and Artisans 719 S Main Georgetown, TX 78626
- Windberg Art Center 7100 N I 35 Georgetown, TX 78626 (737) 808-3794 windbergartcenter.com
- Carol Woolf Frame and Gallery 40218 Industrial Park Cir Georgetown, TX 512) 863-8445 CarolWoolf.com
- Scurlock Farms Vacation Rentals Scurlock Farms Georgetown TX 512 639-4433 A “living” art museum featuring representations of C.P. Montague’s works, displayed in her home and art studio for guests staying there to enjoy https://scurlockfarms.com
- Serafim Art Museum at Southwestrn University. Exhibits by professional and art students. Always free to the public.
- Georgetown Public Library 402 W 8th St, Georgetown, TX 78626 (512) 930-3551 Free, ongoing art exhibits
In addition to your regular art gallery, some of these galleries offer an eclectic mix of artwork – glassworks, jewelry in addition to what most consider traditional art.